With the Canada National Team soaring high, more Canadians than ever are falling in love with the beautiful game of soccer. With the biggest tournament ahead, many are already planning their World Cup Parlay Picks. But before you make any Soccer Picks and Parlays, you need to find an operator that works for you. At BetPicks, we’re here to help with our guide to the top soccer betting sites available to Canadians. We’ll share info and details on the best soccer betting sites around, so you can be ready well before the World Cup schedule is released. Ready? Let’s dive into our breakdown of the best betting sites for soccer.
Best Soccer Betting Sites
Top Soccer Betting Sites
Top Soccer Betting Sites
There are many options out there if you’re searching for the best soccer betting sites Canada. There are countless operators available to Canadians where bettors can make everything from MLS bets to EPL parlays. However, not all soccer betting sites are created equal. Some have unique advantages or perks that they offer users.
When we pick the best soccer betting sites, we consider several factors. For starters, we ensure that they are safe and legal for Canadian users. Then, we look at everything from their user interface and features to their mobile experience and bonuses. We look at the leagues they cover and the markets they offer and decide whether they are worth it for users.
Here are some of the operators we feel are the best betting sites for soccer.
- Betway: Betway is one of the world’s biggest sportsbooks. They are a massive corporation that is heavily involved in the game of soccer globally, sponsoring major clubs like West Ham and Atletico Madrid. Betway has a user-friendly website with great bonuses and deep soccer markets. You can find odds available on just about every significant soccer game around the world, covering leagues across the planet. There’s a reason they are one of the top soccer betting sites.
- Sports Interaction: Sports Interaction holds a special place in many Canadian bettors’ hearts. This is in part due to the fact that it was started by Canadians for Canadians. Sports Interaction has a massive welcome bonus for new users, an extremely intuitive interface, and fun features that make it stand out. They also have a deep sportsbook that has great markets and coverage of soccer. Almost every significant league and tournament can be found on Sports Interaction.
- 888Sport: 888Sport is a sportsbook that will have something for everyone and a great place to put your World Cup strategies to the test. One of the things that distinguish 888Sport the most is their great bonuses. They have a large variety of bonus options, and when the big events like a World Cup Team Canada appearance come up, they often create special promos to engage bettors. 888Sport has global soccer coverage and a solid supply of markets, including player props for some games. It has its place among the elite soccer betting sites.
- 10Bet: 10Bet is an operator that is perfect for those who want a clean, impeccably designed sportsbook to make their bets. They have one of the best designs of any operator, but there’s more to this sportsbook than just their great web design. 10Bet also has a huge supply of bonuses, which makes it perfect for those that love to engage with promotions. Their soccer markets are extensive, and it is the biggest component of their sportsbook. There’s a lot to enjoy with 10Bet.
- Powbet: Powbet is one of the newer operators on the market, but just because they’re new doesn’t mean they can’t already be one of the best soccer betting sites around. Their website has an impeccable design, they have a variety of fun and engaging features, and there are several extremely enjoyable promotions on tap. For soccer betting, you’ll find all the markets and leagues covered that you’d likely be searching for. They cover soccer leagues from South America and Europe to Asia and Africa, with coverage of all major international events.
Soccer Betting Feature
We’ve told you about the best soccer betting sites and their distinguishing aspects. One of those aspects is the features they offer. But what are features? And which ones are important for soccer bettors?
Features are the unique offerings a website will have that set them apart. This may sound vague, but essentially, it is just the different ways to use a betting website that they provide. Let’s look at some of the features most important to soccer betting that many soccer betting sites offer.
- Live Betting: Live Betting is a feature that allows you to place games that have already started. Many operators will take bets until the final whistle. This feature is a great one for those that are watching a game or forgot to bet at the start of the event. Odds change based on what’s happening in a game, so if a team scores, their odds to win will improve. This is a fun feature that is available on most betting sites.
- Live Streaming: Live streaming is a feature that allows bettors to watch games from the betting site that they are using. This feature is a rare one, as very few betting sites will have the right to live screen soccer games. However, there are certain websites where live streaming is available for certain soccer markets, so if this feature is important to you, it can be found.
- Cash Out: The Cash Out feature is a critical one, as it lets you exit a bet before the result of it has finished. Not every sportsbook offers a Cash Out feature, but many do. How Cash Out works is that depending on what is going on with your bet, you can Cash Out at a win or a loss. If your team is losing 1-0, and you picked them to win, you could be able to Cash Out, but likely for much less than what you put in, but you can still recoup some of your investment.
- Crypto Soccer Betting: Cryptocurrency seems to be all the rage right now, with people all over the world investing in these virtual funds. There are some betting sites that support and empower crypto lovers. They’ll allow you to both deposit and withdraw using certain coins, typically the more common ones like Bitcoin or Ethereum. This enables faster deposit and withdrawal processing for crypto users.
- Bet Builders: Bet Builders are a fun feature that allows users to build customized parlay-style bets within the same game. If you wanted to make some MLS parlays within the same game, a Bet Builder feature would allow you to add several different markets into one bet, all within a game. You could do things like building a bet where Gustavo Bou scores and the New England Revolution win, and so on. This feature isn’t available everywhere.
- Mobile Apps: Mobile apps are relatively rare, but some of the best soccer betting sites will offer mobile apps. Even if there aren’t apps available, almost every platform offers a mobile website, so users can enjoy betting on the go. A mobile app is a great feature that brings the desktop experience to users’ phones. Websites like Bet365 and 888Sport are known for this feature.
Soccer Markets, Betting Types, and Odds
There are a lot of different markets, types of bets, and odds that you need to know to find success with your soccer bets. Being aware of what is out there is important. Let’s start with the different markets available.
A market is what you are betting on within the game. It is the actual outcome that you have put your money on happening. This can be everything from a team winning a game to a player scoring a goal or even a team winning a tournament. There is so much to know here, so we’ve provided a list of some of the popular soccer markets you could reasonably expect to find on a typical operator.
- Moneyline: The Moneyline pick is the simplest form of betting. Essentially, there are three outcomes in a game: Team A wins, Team B wins, or Draw. With Moneyline, you are betting on any one of those outcomes. So you are either picking a team to win, or you are picking the game to end in a draw. This is a simple and fun form of betting.
- Over/Under: Soccer is typically a low-scoring game, and over/under bets are based on that final score. An Over/Under bet is a bet on the total number of goals to be scored in a game by both teams combined. Oddsmakers set a line, and bettors can choose the over, meaning more goals will be scored, or the under, meaning less.
- Double Chance: The Double Chance bet is similarly on the three outcomes like the Moneyline. However, unlike Moneyline, you aren’t picking one outcome; you’re picking two. Typically, the outcomes are either Team A/B and a draw. The odds for double chance bets typically don’t pay out very high because it is a safe bet, with two of the three possible outcomes selected.
- Correct Score: This is a market that is extremely difficult to hit, but if you do, it can lead to some serious payouts. A Correct Score bet is when a bettor picks what the exact correct outcome of a game will be. Since this is not easy to do, the money you make from hitting it is high. But be careful! This is harder than it sounds.
- Handicaps: Handicaps are the different lines oddsmakers create that they project for the score differential. If a team is favored by odds of -1.5, they’ll need to win the game by two or more goals for the odds to hit. You can bet for that line, meaning the team will exceed that projected differential, or against it, meaning they won’t.
- Game Prop: A game prop is a bet on an outcome within a game that doesn’t necessarily impact the final score. It can be something like how many penalties there will be in a match, who will be winning at half-time, and so on. This is a fun market, as it adds an additional element to your viewing experience, but it can be unpredictable.
- Player Prop: A player prop is similar to a game prop, except it is on a player’s individual performance. It can be on things like how many saves De Gea will have, will Salah score a goal, and so on. This is one of my personal favorite markets because it is more narrow but extremely exciting.
- Outright Picks: Outright picks are long-term bets that aren’t determined straight away. You can make outright bets well in advance, as they are things like who will win the World Cup, who will win the Premier League, who will get the Golden Boot, and so on. These types of bets have huge payouts because they’re long-term.
Here are some of the most popular betting types around:
- Parlay/Accumulator/Multi Betting: A parlay is a type of bet where multiple different bets are combined under the umbrella of one single bet. If all the bets hit, the parlay pays out, but if even one doesn’t, the bet fails. Soccer parlays are great fun and can have massive payouts, but they are risky, so be warned.
- Teaser: Teasers are similar to parlays in that multiple bets are combined under the umbrella of one single one, with all bets needing to hit for the teaser to succeed. However, with teasers, you are allowed to alter the odds in your favor, changing them to suit your needs. However, these are rare for soccer betting, more common with basketball and football.
- Live Bet: As we’ve mentioned, live betting is when you bet on a game that is already underway, with the odds changing depending on what is going on throughout the game. This is a very popular type of betting.
We explained about markets and types of bets, but what about odds? Odds are the different lines that govern how everything pays out. There are multiple different kinds of odds, but the general idea is that they will show you how much money you will make if you bet on an outcome and it succeeds.
The three primary types of odds are American, Fractional, and Decimal. Let’s look at how they work.
- American: American odds show you how much you would make on a bet if you bet $100 or how much you’d need to bet to make $100. + means the outcome would pay out more. If you bet on +200, a $100 bet would get you your $100 back and $200 additional dollars. – means the outcome will pay out less. If you bet on -200, you’d need to bet $200 to receive a $100 profit.
- Fractional: Fractional odds tell you how much you’d win in relation to the stake. If something is 1/1 fractional odds, a $100 bet will earn you $100. If it is 10/1, a $100 bet will earn you $1,000.
- Decimal: Decimal odds represent the amount one would win for every $1 wagered. If you bet on 1.5, you’d earn 50 cent profit because decimal odds include the amount staked. If you bet on 10.5, you’d win $9.50, plus your original dollar back.
Bonuses and Promotions
Many of the top soccer betting sites are driven by the great promotions they have on offer. Bonuses and promotions are unique offers intended to get users to engage with certain markets or bet in a certain way. They can provide a ton of value.
Be warned, though. Even the best betting sites for soccer will often have extensive terms and conditions on their bonuses. These will often completely change the value of what they are offering, so be on high alert for this. Always read the terms and conditions and make sure you know exactly what you’re getting.
Here are some of the top bonuses and promotions soccer bettors should be aware of.
- Welcome Bonus: A Welcome Bonus is a bonus you get for signing up with a sportsbook. Typically, these will come in the form of a matched deposit up to a certain amount. An example would be the Powbet Welcome Bonus of a 100% Matched Deposit up to $150, though prices differ for operators.
- Parlay Boosts: A Parlay Boost would be when certain kinds of parlays will receive boosted winnings, often with parlays that have more bets included in them receiving more winnings. An example of this would be a 5% boost for three-legged parlay, up to a 100% boost for 12-legged World Cup parlays.
- Free Bets: Free Bets are when websites offer their users entirely risk-free bets where, if they hit, the profit is paid out to their account. Often, users will have to do something to earn these. An example would be bet $20 on the EPL and receive a $10 Free Bet.
- Boosted Odds: Boosted Odds are when a sportsbook enhances certain odds to be more favorable to bettors. Betway is known for this promotion, which they call Betway Boosts. An example would be if Betway took the odds of Messi scoring a goal from +200 and bumped it to +300 to have a better payout for bettors.
- Cashback Bonus: A Cashback Bonus is when a sportsbook provides a certain amount of bettors’ money back if a bet doesn’t hit. An example would be a 25% Cashback bonus on EPL bets up to $100. So if your bet fails, you receive $25 back in your account, slightly minimizing the risk.
How to Bet on Soccer
Let’s look at how you can get started with your soccer betting experience. It shouldn’t be a difficult process.
The first step is to choose which of the soccer betting sites you want to engage with. We’ve provided you with a list of what we believe to be the best soccer betting sites available, but if none of them appealed to you, there are many other options available.
Once you’ve found a website that seems like it suits what you’re looking for, you’re going to have to sign up. This is an easy process on most sportsbooks, taking about five minutes. They’ll ask for personal information like your age, address, and phone number, in order to ensure that you are of legal gambling age. Once you’ve gone through the sign-up steps, you can deposit using the payment option that works best for you.
From there, you are now clear to place a bet. If you’ve never placed a bet before, it isn’t hard. First, you go to the sports section of the website. Click on the soccer tab to see all their soccer offerings. Browse these offerings until you find the league you are interested in. Click on that league to see the upcoming games available to be bet on. Click on the game to see all the markets.
Think carefully about which market you want to bet on. You can refer to our guide above for extra insight. Once you’ve settled on that, you simply click the market you want to bet, input how much money you are staking, and click Place Bet. Remember, never bet above your means! Betting is inherently risky, and there’s always a chance you lose.
There are resources out there that can help you find better success with your soccer betting. One of those resources is the BetPicks recommended Free Picks. These are picks by our betting experts, who use in-depth research to come up with certain markets and outcomes that we believe are likely to hit. These picks have a track record of consistent success and are a valuable resource for the soccer bettor seeking inspiration. We also provide soccer parlay picks and a massive variety of leagues, including Champions League, La Liga, Bundesliga, and EPL picks.
With all this information in mind, you are probably feeling ready to get started on your soccer betting journey. Whether it is with any of our top soccer betting sites or the numerous other options available, good luck on the kick-off of your soccer betting experience.
What are Soccer Free Picks?
What is the Safest Market to Bet On?
Which Betting Site has the Best Bonuses?
Is Soccer More or Less Predictable Than Other Sports?
What Events Are the Best for Soccer Betting?
- Best Soccer Betting Sites