Started in 1992, the English Premier League is the high point of the British sporting calendar, with 20 clubs fighting it out in 380 matches from August to May each season. The teams face off against each other twice, with one home and one away game, and the games are hotly contested. With so much action each week, the EPL is an ideal event for sports betting.
How To Bet On The Premier League?
Bet on the EPL
Why Bet On the EPL
Not everyone enjoys the game of soccer, and some Canadian bettors prefer to support only the Canada National Team and popular sports back home. Still, there are many reasons to give EPL betting a try.
- Excellent coverage: You’d have to look long and hard to find a bookmaker online that doesn’t offer EPL betting options. This gives you a vast selection of bookmakers to choose between and opens up the possibility of hunting down the best markets and odds.
- Fantastic promotional and bonus offers: With the sport’s popularity and so many supporters worldwide, betting sites often offer exclusive EPL betting markets like boosted odds, free bets, cashback bonuses and even Acca insurance.
- Live Streaming and betting: With so many top betting sites offering EPL options, you can catch every game in the season live and place in-play bets.
- Competitive odds and high limits: Bookmakers are constantly competing to gain the biggest piece of the bettor pie, leading to increased odds for you, the bettors. You will consistently be able to find phenomenal odds on EPL games.
- Great variety of betting markets: With so many betting markets available on English Premier League games, it’s much easier to find winning opportunities and build successful wagers.
- Statistics and team info: Finding historical game data and team and player performance stats is easy when betting on the Premier League. There is a wealth of expert picks, team news, video replays, statistics and metrics to guide you to the most profitable bets.
- Access to games: The EPL is a globally covered event with easy access for anyone to watch the games. Even if you are in an area where the time differences make watching live inconvenient, you can always catch the replays to build your own knowledge of team performance.
How To Bet On the EPL?
If you want to get started betting on the EPL, there are a few steps to take to get ready and then make the best picks for the most profitable outcomes.
1. Choose your bookmaker
The first thing you need to do is decide on your online bookmaker and create an account. When choosing your betting site, choose a reputable service provider that offers a nice welcome bonus and great odds.
Consider the convenience of payment methods, withdrawal time, and overall site usability when making your choice. Once your account is set up, you’ll need to deposit your betting funds.
2. Find your match and your market
Next, you want to pick a match to bet on. To do this, navigate to the fixtures and find a game that suits you – one that gives you ample time to research and make informed choices. While researching the teams playing, pay attention to what betting markets are on offer so you can bet on markets where there is lots of data to inform your wager.
3. Place your bets
When you have chosen your match and your preferred markets, you need to decide on your bet. You can use the odds, statistics and expert betting strategies you found when researching the teams to help you with your picks.
Straight bets are great for beginners as they present a straightforward win or lose situation, but once you’re more confident, you may want to try building an EPL parlay. Parlays offer you increased odds by multiplying the odds of the individual bets you include together, but they also come with the increased risk that if one leg bet doesn’t win, the whole parlay loses.
EPL’s Popular Markets, Betting Types and Odds
Since there are so many markets and bet types offered by bookmakers for the EPL, knowing which are the best and which to combine can be a challenge. We’ll take you through the most popular options and why they make great choices.
Around a hundred betting markets are offered for the EPL, all with different pros and cons.
- Full-time result / 1×2: A bet on the end result of the game, be it a win or a draw; if you’re savvy enough to pick a winner, this market is the one for you.
- Overs/Unders: We like this bet for its flexibility; you don’t need to know enough to pick a winner, just look at historical game data and decide whether the total score will be over or under a specified amount.
- First Goal: If you’ve got in-depth knowledge of the teams and how they usually perform at the start of the game, this bet is for you. Simply pick the team to score first.
- Spreads: For the more experienced bettor spread bets on the win or loss margin can be hard to predict.
EPL Betting Types
If you’re wondering how to bet on EPL games, you have a few options. You can choose to place individual bets which will pay at their displayed odds, or you can choose to build multis or EPL parlays for bigger potential wins.
With a straight bet, you select your market and place your bet at the odds given by the bookmaker. Which market you select is up to you, but unless there are odds boosts available to you, the payout will be your wager times the odds. You can place multiple straight bets on one betting card.
Hull City vs Huddersfield
Blackpool vs Nottingham Forest
Total StakeTotal Payout
Total StakePotential Profit
When you build a parlay or multi, your odds are multiplied together for a greater potential payout, but if one bet selection is incorrect, the whole bet will fail. We’ll use the same bets as the example above to show how much more lucrative parlay bets can be.
Hull City vs Huddersfield
Blackpool vs Nottingham Forest
Multiplied OddsTotal Stake
Multiplied OddsTotal Payout
Multiplied OddsPotential Profit
Outright bets can be tricky to predict, but picking a winner gets easier as the season progresses. Choosing the overall winner and the team that will score the most throughout the season requires in-depth knowledge of the stats and the teams.
Smart money is on Manchester City to take the title this year, with Liverpool being the next likely candidate to take top honours.
As you can see above, the greater the odds, the greater the potential payout. This doesn’t mean that you should run out and take the bets with the highest odds you can get your hands on. The higher the odds on offer, the less likely the bet will be a winner.
Learning to read the odds effectively and also factor in team and player news that could lead to potential upsets is imperative to making successful bets.
Looking ahead to the match between AFC Bournemouth and Bristol City, Bristol is the underdog with odds of 7.2 for a win, whereas bets on the favourites AFC Bournemouth only have odds of 1.44. While you’d make more money backing Bristol if they won, it is far more likely that they won’t, and you’d lose your stake.
To work out how much you can win on any given bet, you times your bet amount by the odds. For a $100 bet at odds of 2.7, your calculation would look like this:
Payout = Bet x Odds
= $100 x 2.7
Profit = $170
Before making your decision on which bookie you should go with, first check out whether they offer decent odds on EPL bets and how their odds compare with competing sites. Securing the best odds will significantly affect the size of your winnings.
Parlays and Accumulators and Combo Bets
We touched briefly on parlay/accumulator bets above; now, we’ll take a deeper look at when and how to build them successfully. So parlays will get you better payouts because of the higher, multiplied odds, but how big can you make a parlay?
Some bookmakers will allow you to build parlays with 20 individual leg bets, but you need to remember that the more picks you have, the greater the chance that something will go wrong and the entire parlay will fail.
The key to building solid parlays is to keep them simple with two to four legs and try and use bets that are linked, where if the one bet hits, it’s more likely that the next will also be successful.
For example, if Man City score the first goal in the match, it is expected that they will also have a higher score at halftime, and if they are winning at halftime, that momentum could push them forward to be the overall winner.
Combo bets offer you the option to place one bet on two outcomes. If you place a combo bet on Moneyline and total goals over/under, your one stake covers the outcome of both selections and will pay out at fixed odds; your bet won’t be a complete loss if one of your selections isn’t a winning one.
👉 EPL Free Picks
If you’re not that knowledgeable about soccer but still want to get into EPL betting, you can use the tips and picks from our experts to help learn how to bet on the EPL. Our expert picks aren’t just limited to the EPL; we offer a wide range of betting advice for you, including NFL Free Picks, MLB Free Picks and NBA Free Picks.
Keep checking our site to find the most up-to-date EPL free picks and predictions, where we’ll not only give you our picks for the games but also give you some background as to why you should use our pick.
Every bookmaker provides historical stats information for the games they are covering. This data is incredibly useful to help you choose your bets. Not only is there info on the win probability for each team at home and away, but also current form, goal history, streaks and last meetings.
If you’re looking to choose a winner between two teams, using the results of the previous few matches where they faced off against each other can be very helpful.
Strategy, Tips and Trends
We’ve put together some of our top strategies for placing winning bets.
- Understand and use the free picks – Learn how to read and assess the information provided with EPL free picks to make strong betting decisions that are likely to succeed.
- Take advantage of bonuses – Keep your eyes on the promotions page of your online betting site. Bookmakers will often promote great bonuses like free bets and odds boosts that you can take advantage of and use to make more money on your wagers.
- Do your research – Get to know the teams and their recent performance history, as well as who the players are and what their roles are within the team. This will inform your betting choices in the event of a player being injured or carded and unable to play.
- Study the game schedule – Get to know what the upcoming games are and where they will be held. This way, you’ll know which are home and which are away games and plan your bets in advance.
Where To Bet On the EPL
Our team has looked at the top Canadian bookmakers online and has developed this comprehensive list of the best for you.
How to decide where to bet?
Our team has vetted the online bookies on our list, and each one is recommended by us. To make our recommendations, we test the sites against our benchmarks for what makes a good bookie:
- Safety – The sites must offer a secure connection with adequate protection of your data so that you can bet safely.
- Market coverage – The larger the number of markets, the more ways to win.
- Ease of use – The online bookmakers’ sites should be easy to operate and navigate so that you can spend more time placing bets and less time learning how to use the sites.
- Payment methods–Our recommendations must offer multiple, convenient payment methods with fast deposits and withdrawals.
Top 3 Betting Sites
How to bet on the premier league from Canada?
Where can I find soccer parlay picks?
Which bookmaking site should I choose?
How do I build an EPL parlay?
Which markets should I bet on?
- EPL Betting Sites
- How To Bet On The Premier League?