La Liga is the top league of Spanish soccer, stacked top to bottom with some of the best players in the world. Canadians and people from all over the world tune in to watch teams like FC Barcelona, Real Madrid, and more go head to head. Naturally, this league is a huge one for bettors. Millions worldwide love to make La Liga soccer picks and parlays, and we, too, are big fans of the game. At BetPicks, we offer an array of La Liga expert picks, providing daily gambling predictions for the day’s upcoming games.
La Liga Free Picks
La Liga Betting Sites
Our picks are well-thought-out, informative, and accurate, and if you are looking to find the best La Liga predictions for today, BetPicks is the place to go. In this guide, we’re going to explore everything about our La Liga picks, from how they’re created to the value they provide, so you can have the best possible understanding of soccer free picks. Ready? Let’s kick-off!
About La Liga
Following several years disrupted by the pandemic, the 2021/22 La Liga season has returned to normalcy. With crowded stadiums, fan traditions, and a normal schedule, it feels like old times. However, this was the first La Liga season since 2003/4 that doesn’t have Sergio Ramos, Lionel Messi, or Cristiano Ronaldo, so it still doesn’t feel quite normal.
La Liga is the top league of Spanish soccer, featuring the top 20 teams in the nation. La Liga typically starts in August and ends in May. Teams will play 38 games throughout the year, playing every other team in the league twice, once at home and once on the road.
The games are under the standard soccer format, with two 45 minute halves and stoppage time. If the team wins, they receive three points; if they draw, they receive one point. If they lose, they’ll receive zero points.
At the end of the season, after 38 matches have been played by every team, the team with the most points is crowned the La Liga champion. The top four teams will earn a bid to the Champions League, the fifth-place will earn a Europa group stage bid, and the sixth place will have a chance to qualify for Europa. The bottom three teams will be relegated to the second division of Spanish soccer.
La Liga is a great league to bet on because the league is so star-studded. It features some of the most followed teams in world soccer, with a legendary rivalry between Barcelona and Real Madrid. While the league lacks the depth of the Premier League, La Liga has a great top end of highly skilled teams, and the fans are fanatical.
BetPicks offers up the minute La Liga expert picks. The expert picks are researched by our team of betting and soccer fans, using statistics, the eye test, betting trends, and more. They are made with the bettor in mind. The best part? They are called Free Picks for a reason. Our picks are entirely free and solely intended to improve the betting experience for gamblers. Our La Liga picks are updated daily and last throughout the entire season, providing you the info you need to gamble successfully.
What Makes La Liga Picks Good?
We’ve touched on what our Spain La Liga picks are, but what makes them good? The most important thing is that they have a track record of success and are created by experts that have extensive experience gambling. We won’t claim that all of our picks will hit because that is impossible. What we will say is that every pick we make is researched, thorough, and made with the goal of providing value to our bettors.
We choose from various markets and pick odds that we believe offer exciting value to bettors. We won’t typically recommend odds of -500 or +12000 because we don’t believe that bettors are likely to find value here. What we will do is find odds that present gamblers a significant shot of hitting, with a strong payout if they do.
Return on investment is important, as is timeliness. We don’t just make La Liga predictions for this week. Our predictions are up to the day, driven by recent performances and trends, and made with offering high value to bettors as our number one consideration.
How do we come up with our La Liga free picks?
Above, we told you about what makes our La Liga picks predictions good. Now, let’s quickly break down how we come up with them. At BetPicks, we have a large team of experts that cover various sports with an eye towards sports betting. Our team is fanatic fans of leagues across the world, experienced with everything from college football betting to MLS parlays and EPL parlays.
It is our team’s job to watch a huge number of different sporting events, gain high-level experience with betting, and learn concepts and strategies that drive success. Not only do we watch the games, but we also follow the statistics, monitor betting trends, and research goings-on in the leagues we follow. Our team is devoted to the sports we follow and committed to providing users with expert-quality opinions on different games.
La Liga Betting Strategies
Betting is a complicated thing, and while La Liga is mostly a straightforward soccer league, there is still a lot to know in regards to betting strategies. Let’s look at some of the key things to know with La Liga, like the markets, how to bet, and smart strategies.
- Full-Time Result: The Full-Time Result is the simplest format for La Liga betting and all soccer betting. It is a bet on the result of a game. In a Barcelona-Villarreal matchup, there are three potential results: Barcelona wins, Villarreal wins, or a draw. A full-time result is a bet on any of those outcomes.
- Double Chance: A double chance bet is similar to a full-time result bet, except it is on two of those results: a win for one team or a draw or a win for either team. The odds on this tend to payout significantly less because two of the three potential outcomes result in the bet hitting.
- Futures: Futures are long-term bets on results that aren’t determined in the first game of the year. This would be something like who will win La Liga by the end of the year or who will lead the league in goals scored.
- Both Teams to Score: The both teams to score market is exactly what it sounds like. It is a bet on both teams to score in a game. Depending on the teams playing, the odds will be different. If both teams are evenly matched, the odds won’t payout high, but if the game is Real Madrid vs. Levante, it would likely have a high payout.
- Handicaps: Handicaps are a market where a team is favored to win by a certain amount of goals, and bettors could pick for or against that spread. If the spread is -2.5 for Atletico Madrid, they’d need to win the game by three or more goals to cover that spread.
- Props: A Prop bet is a type of bet that is on something within a game that may not directly impact the final outcome. There are team props, based on group results, like how many total shots on goal Valencia will have or whether Espanyol will have more than a certain amount of penalties. There are also player props based on player performance, like will Luis Suarez score a goal, and so on.
How to Bet on La Liga
- Step One: Browse our La Liga picks to find an option you like
- Step Two: Pick a sports betting website that appeals to you. There are countless great options out there
- Step Three: Visit that website, click on their sports page, and click the Soccer/Football icon
- Step Four: Click All Leagues, and click on La Liga. Click the game that you want to bet on. That’ll display all the markets.
- Step Five: Click on the market you want to bet, and a bet slip will pop up. Input how much you want to bet on the bet slip, and click Place Bet. Enjoy the game!
La Liga Betting Strategies:
- Don’t Use Double Chance on Heavy Favorites: Double Chance is a great market that can help bettors secure a win on multiple different game outcomes. However, if you Double Chance a bet with a heavy favorite, the odds will almost always be incredibly low, to the point where it isn’t even a bet worth making.
- Goalscorer Market has Good Payouts: If you don’t like the odds in a certain game and don’t want to bet on the full-time result, the Goalscorer market is a player prop that has some great payouts. The top La Liga goalscorers put up huge results, so betting on them to succeed is both entertaining and can yield big results.
- Avoid Getting Carried Away with Parlays: Parlays are a fun type of bet to make, and we’ll get more into details about them later, but we would advise that bettors avoid getting carried away with parlays. Be careful with these because while parlay payouts are high, many gamblers end up chasing higher payouts and making bets with very low probabilities of winning.
- The Favorites Tend to Win: Soccer isn’t like college basketball betting or other sports, where upsets frequently happen. In La Liga, the best teams tend to win. When Barcelona, Real Madrid, and Atletico Madrid play the teams in the bottom half of the league, more often than not, they dominate. There is a significant talent and budget gap. While betting underdogs is always fun, be careful with that approach in La Liga.
La Liga Parlays
Parlays are a type of bet that ties several different bets under the umbrella of one. With parlays, each component needs to hit in order for the parlay to hit. So if you made a parlay bet on Barcelona, Sevilla, and Real Sociedad to win their games, all three clubs would need to win for your bet to cash. The payout would be higher than if you had bet on all three teams individually.
Bettors can make soccer parlays on different games, within the same game, different leagues, and even different sports. Parlays are a market that offers very substantial options for bettors.
Let’s look at a La Liga parlay example. Let’s say I bet on Getafe (+180), Villareal (+100), and Atletico Madrid (-267) to all win their games. The parlay odds for that would be +491.
At BetPicks, not only do we offer La Liga picks for single games, but we also offer various soccer parlay picks, many for La Liga games. Browse our selections to find some intriguing parlay options that could yield some major results.
2021-22 Schedule and Stats
Let’s take a look at some of the most important dates to know for the 2021/22 La Liga season, even as we are deep into the proceedings. There are 38 games each team plays in their race to be crowned the Spanish Champion, and BetPicks keeps you updated throughout the year with important information. Each team has played roughly 30 games at the time of writing. Let’s look at some dates to know for the season.
- Aug 13, 2021: La Liga Season Kicks Off
- Apr 2/3, 2022: Nine Matches Scheduled
- Apr 9/10: Eight Matches Scheduled
- May 22: Final Game is Played
- Aug 12, 2022: La Liga 22/23 Season scheduled to begin
Teams to Note
La Liga has been dominated historically by three teams, with each of the three dominating to varying degrees. These three teams are Barcelona, Real Madrid, and Atletico Madrid. Real Madrid has won the most with 34 titles, Barcelona has won the second most with 26 titles, and Atletico has a distant third-place finish with 11 titles.
While Messi, Sergio Ramos, and Cristiano Ronaldo have all moved on, the league is still full of top-tier talent. Let’s look at some of the important teams making an impact this year in the title race.
- Real Madrid: Real Madrid remains one of the richer clubs on the planet, and they are leading La Liga in points right now. Led by gifted striker Karim Benzema, the young prodigy Vinicius Junior, and legendary goaltender Thibaut Courtois, they are the current team to beat.
- Sevilla: Sevilla has been competitive all year and remains firmly in the title chase, as they are currently only behind Real Madrid. They’ve allowed the fewest goals against per game, and with players like Marcos Acuna, they’re no easy victory.
- Barcelona: Barcelona struggled mightily all year until team legend Xavi took over, and now they’re playing a new, balanced brand of soccer based on quick ball movement. Led by Memphis Depay, Ousmane Dembele, and Jordi Alba, they’ve rebounded quickly from their bad start.
- Atletico Madrid: Atletico Madrid won the league last year, and while they haven’t performed up to that level, they still have one of the most talented teams in the world. Players like Luis Suarez, Antoine Griezmann, and Angel Correa make them a threat to score any time they touch the ball.
Can I Parlay La Liga matches with other Leagues or Sports?
When are La Liga picks posted?
Who is Favorited to win La Liga Right Now?
Are there playoffs for La Liga?
Should I bet on every one of the La Liga expert picks?
Our La Liga expert
Hello there! My name is Cameron Kozinets, and I am one of the BetPicks La Liga experts. I am a diehard soccer fan and have been watching leagues in Spain, England, and North America since I was 7. I am also an avid bettor who enjoys soccer parlays, betting on goalscorer odds, and placing bets on my favorite teams. My greatest soccer betting moment was hitting my futures bet on Chelsea to win the Champions League last year.
- Top Free Picks of Today
- La Liga Free Picks